As the wedding gets closer and closer, it is lovely to hear how everyone is getting so excited about it and looking forward to the event. Gay people have always had commitment ceremonies and parties to celebrate their love for each other, but we feel that our upcoming wedding is part of something much bigger, and that is adding to the excitement of it I think. We are reminded every day (particularly in Australia) about the battle for marriage equality in the media, and it reminds all of us involved in this wedding that we are all a part of that battle ourselves. It's an honest and peaceful battle and one that we will win I am sure, and I am so pleased that you are all coming on the journey with us.
Check out this amazing 'protest' that the organisation GetUp just managed to arrange...
https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/marriage-equality/pm-dinner/watch-the-video?t=dXNlcmlkPTM0OTY3MixlbWFpbGlkPTU5NA==
No comments:
Post a Comment